There is a lot of really bad information appearing on the Internet, especially on social media. The medical professionals we have at St. Marks have created or vetted the materials you can find in the links below to ensure that we have accurate and up-to-date information.
We will post more information here as it becomes available.
The PDF files below have come directly from trusted sources.
- COVID19 Notes based on information provided at St. Marks adult formation on Sunday, March 8: http://www.stmarks-ral.org/downloads/covid/COVID-19-Notes.pdf
- CDC Share Facts about COVID-19: http://www.stmarks-ral.org/downloads/covid/Facts-about-COVID-19-CDC.pdf
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): http://www.stmarks-ral.org/downloads/covid/What-You-Need-to-Know-COVID-19-CDC.pdf
- Food Planning Guide for Emergency Preparations: http://www.stmarks-ral.org/downloads/covid/Food-Planning-Guide-for-Emergency-Preparations.pdf
- Here is a list of stores offering special shopping hours for seniors and other at risk populations in Raleigh and the RTP area of NC. https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/list-stores-offering-dedicated-shopping-hours-for-seniors/19018256/
Our own list of stores with senior hours
One of our members has compiled this list of stores in the Raleigh, NC, area that are known to have shopping hours for seniors.
|Aldi||8:30 AM – 9:30 AM||First hour of regular schedule|
|BJ’s||8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||Every day|
|Costco||8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||Tuesdays & Thursdays|
|Food Lion||7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Mondays & Wednesdays|
|Trader Joe||9:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Every day; preferential entry to stores|
|Whole Foods||7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Before regular opening|
|Harris Teeter||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Monday and Thursdays + special curbside pickup hours, see web site|
|Publix||7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Tuesdays and Wednesdays|
|Target||7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Wednesdays (first hour of shopping)|
|Fresh Market||8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||Weekdays (first hour of shopping)|
|Walmart||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Tuesdays (open 7 AM to 8:30 pm)|
|Lowe’s Foods||7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Tuesdays & Wednesdays|
Note: Wegman’s does not have a senior time. They say their stores are clean & safe at all times, see their web site.
Myths and scams about COVID19
There are many myths and even scams circulating about COVID19. HuffPost has a good page about scams and incorrect and even dangerous advice. I will add links to other sites as I find them.
- Huffington Post, Please Don’t Believe These Coronavirus Scams And Advice, https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coronavirus-scam-advice_l_5e6bf9e1c5b6bd8156f74072