NHRA General Meeting Thursday Feb 13 1:00-2:15 p.m. at St. Mark’s
The next general meeting of the New Hope Road Alliance will be Thursday, Feb 13, 1:00-2:15 p.m., in the CLC at St. Mark’s. Agenda will include:
- Planning for Teacher appreciation lunch for Wilburn April 22
- Update on Wilburn parent ESL class
- Update on ministry to YouthBuild
- Update on Raleigh Milbank community garden – restart in early spring
- Update on Read and Feed – new lead teacher is in place
- Report on tour of Neighbor to Neighbor Jan 27
- Debrief Wilburn holiday party Dec 9
As always, all are welcome at all NHRA meetings!
The New Hope Road Alliance (NHRA) is an alliance of four faith communities on New Hope Road which have joined together with the common goal of serving our changing neighborhood.
Racial Reconciliation Book Group Resumes Sunday Feb 23
12:15-1:30 in the CLC
To start off the new decade, we will make a first pass at examining the concept of reparations. Please read an introductory article from The Atlantic Magazine: “The Case for Reparations” by Ta-Nehisi Coates. You will find the article as a chapter in Coates’ book We Were Eight Years in Power. As always, come with your observations and questions. For more information, speak to Rhonda Moody, Georgia McEwan, or Jessie Maeck.
Heads Up! The NAACP Announces the annual Moral March for Social Justice
HKonJ People’s Assembly
Mass Moral March on Raleigh
Saturday, February 08, 2020
Gather at the corner of Wilmington & South Street near Shaw University Raleigh, NC. Begin Gathering 8:30 a.m. Pre Rally at 9:00 a.m. March begins at 10 a.m.