St. Mark’s Episcopal Church
A Progressive Faith Community
St. Mark’s 2014 Advent Wreath
|Our purpose is to help each other experience and worship God, Openly share the Good News of Jesus Christ, And respond in love to the needs of our neighbors.
1725 N. New Hope Road
Raleigh NC 27604
|Statement of Welcome St. Mark’s is a Eucharistically centered community that seeks to be the outward and visible sign of the Risen Christ’s reconciling love…
- We understand and believe that faith is a matter of mind as well as heart, and that taking the Bible seriously means it need not always be taken literally
- We believe God’s love embraces all persons equally, no matter their gender, race, or sexual orientation…We believe diversity, acceptance, and inclusivity are strengths to be taught
- We believe it is important to find ways to treat all people with integrity and respect
- We believe the Christ calls us to be nothing less than global citizens, that the social expression of love is justice, and that spiritual concerns are inseparable from commitment to the natural world
- We strive to create a more open and embracing community of faith to nurture the spirit of all who are a part of this community: women and men, children and youth
We invite you to make St. Mark’s Episcopal Church your new church home.
Originally adopted by the vestry, February 9, 2003